Monday, April 22, 2013

RAFT Assignment - Zack Rakes

After reading Shakespeare's "The Tempest," write a letter to Prospero about how you think he should have ruled the island, from the perspective of a modern day citizen. Be sure to include both Puck and Caliban in your letter, and be sure to use story points as your reference for your reasoning.

R - Modern-day citizen
A - Prospero
F - Letter
T - How to run the island

Dear Duke Prospero,
I realize that since you are a powerful magician that you can run your island however you want to, but I think you should have done some things differently. For example, I do not like that you made Caliban your slave. Even though he did some things that he should not have done, making him a slave for life as punishment is very harsh, especially since he helped you out so much before. I also think you could have been a little nicer to Puck, but having him do stuff for you was okay since he owed you his life. Anyway, I don't want to tell you how to run your island, I just wanted to give you my opinion as a future citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment