Thursday, April 12, 2012

RAFT Assignment


R.A.F.T
Lindsay Whaley



Role: Famous contributor to mathematics


Audience: Fellow mathematicians


Format: Dear John Letter


Topic: Mathematical accomplishments



To my fellow mathematicians,

            I regret to inform you that the theorem that bears my name, is not my own. I did not create this theorem, and I cannot even say that I have utilized this theorem in my work. It has been proven that the early Babylonians and Indians did use this theorem, and that my name was attached five centuries after my death. It is believed that followers of Plato attributed my name with this theorem to bolster the case for Platonic meta-physics, and it has been this way ever since. I apologize profusely to whoever should be accredited this honor.

Sincerely,

Pythagoras of Samos

No comments:

Post a Comment