Thursday, April 12, 2012

CI 345 RAFT Assignment, By Tim, Nathan Stevens


R- Freed Slave

A- Previous Plantation Owner

F- Letter Friendly or Unfriendly

 T- Replying to a letter from your previous owner asking you to come back and work.




To my old master,

                 Since I  gained my freedom in 1864, me and my family have been residing in a small farm on the outskirts of Philadelphia.I have recently obtained a job as a farm hand on one of the neighboring farms. You know of my wife Sarah, she has recently passed after giving birth to our third child Mariah. My other two children are 10 and 8 years of age both boys, their names are John and Jordan. I appreciate you remembering me as a good worker but I will not be returning to the south to work for you on your farm. I was forced to live there for twenty long years and I will never set foot on that property ever again. You treated me terribly there and I have no wish of ever returning. As for you and your houshold I hope that they are in fine health and you can find someone to replace me to compensate for the lack of labor.

Sincerely, Freed Slave







No comments:

Post a Comment