Monday, July 14, 2014

Samantha Stapleton -RAFT


Samantha Stapleton 

Role: Student on a 4th Grade Field Trip to COSI

Audience: Thank you letter to financial sponsor of field trip

Format: Letter

Topic: Science/COSI

Dear Sponsor, 

  I wanted to write you a letter to thank you and tell you about the amazing things I experienced on our 4th Grade trip to COSI. I would love to tell you everything that I saw and did, but that would be a (really) long letter. So, I will tell you my three favorite things that we did on our field trip. 
First, we got to ride on a High Wire Unicycle (the only one in the world) across an 84- foot cable while being 17 feet above the ground! I know what you are thinking- did anyone fall? The answer is no, because the unicycle had a 250- pound counterweights that drops the cycle's center of mass to well below your feet, which kept us safely upright the whole time. 
We also explored energy and discovered how our energy choices matter. We learned how energy powers many things around the world- like transportation, the way we live, and what products we buy. We discovered different types of energy and how it powers the world. For example, Solar Energy is light-wave photons and radiation that is captured from the sun. The light and radiation is then turned into heat or electricity. Did you know that saving energy can be as simple as turning off the light when leaving a room. (You'll have to remember that!)
My favorite part of our COSI visit was the 4D National Geographic Movie Theater - 'The Great White Shark'. I have always loved sharks and consider Shark Week on Discovery Channel the greatest week of the whole year (besides my birthday). When my teacher, Ms. Stapleton told us about the movie we would be seeing, I seriously almost fainted! The movie took us below the sea water to the life of the famous, Great White Shark. They are iconic predators that sit comfortably at the top of the food chain. We were able to explore (comfortably in our leather movie seats) the depths of the ocean and get an inside scoop on how Great White Sharks live and survive in the ocean. 
I cannot thank you enough for your generous sponsorship to our COSI trip. It was an exciting field trip/place that I will never forget. I loved spending time with my friends and being able to explore the different parts of COSI. We are truly a lucky 4th grade class to have such a wonderful sponsor! 

Thank You Very Much!!!!! 

Brad Hammond



No comments:

Post a Comment