Friday, July 31, 2015

Heather Pearson RAFT

RAFT
Module 5



Assignment - After studying about the parts of a plant, Students will be assigned different parts of plant and complete a RAFT to share with their classmates. Students will create a campaign speech that tells why their plant part should be voted most important.

Sample:

What is your Role? Roots
Who is your Audience? Other Plant Parts
What is your Format? Campaign Speech
What is your Topic?  Why you should be voted most important plant part
What is your strong verb? Survive



I may be hiding underground, but you couldn't survive up there without me. I am your mouth! I work hard all day sucking air, water, and nutrients out of the soil and moving them up into the leaves, where they can interact with sunlight to produce sugars, flavors, and energy. When it rains, I hold you in place, so that you are not washed away. I also drive plant growth.  The bigger and healthier I am will make you bigger and healthier as well. We all know that bigger is better. I am your anchor and lifeline! Vote Roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment